Monday, March 7, 2011

Getting My Life Back Together

It has been 2 weeks and I am still alive. Not only am I still alive, but I have moved into my own apartment, gotten an A on my cardiology exam, spent 4 shifts at the hospital, and gone on a 20 mile training run for my marathon. I am PROUD of myself.

There have been days where I have cried on my bed, on the couch, on the floor for hours on end, cursing his name, throwing myself a pity party, feeling all emotions from sad to angry to relieved to hopeless. But no matter what, I am alive and well. I have my health, (definitely NOT my wealth), my family, my friends, and I would like to think, a sense of humor.

I know that there will be rough waters ahead and many milestones to accomplish on my own without hurriedly calling him to tell him about them. I know there will be lonely Friday nights on the couch with no one but my boys Ben and Jerry. I know that I will have to date, will not like some of my dates, and might like some of my dates but they might not like me back. Above all, I know that I am young, I am smart, I am funny, I am pretty, I am athletic, and I deserve the best and will get the best, wherever and whenever that might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment